There are easy ways to add different types of activity to your daily routine:
- Park the car farther away from your destination.
- Get on or off the bus several blocks away.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Take fitness breaks. Walk, stretch or do some office exercises.
- Start doing some gardening, yard work, house cleaning or home repairs.
- Remove the television from the bedroom and hide the remote controls.
- Exercise while watching television. Some examples are using hand weights, using a stationary bike or treadmill, crunches, push ups, squats and stretching to improve your flexibility.
- Walk while doing errands.
- Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office so you can be ready for activity wherever you go.
Personalized Total Training